Friday, May 7, 2010

Getting Way Behind

I'm not quoting anyone here. Seriously, I've been neglecting my blogular duties. Yes, I'm aware that "blogular" is not actually a word.


I have several write-ups planned on several different wonderful artists, but in the meantime, here's a list of upcoming concerts in the Oklahoma City metro and surrounding areas which I recommend attending (listed because SOMEONE complained that they need more notice about these sorts of things). I'll be at most of them.


Sunday, May 9th, 8pm
The Conservatory in OKC
Cost ???
These United States, The Gentle Art of Floating, Radio Deception


Friday, May 14th, 9pm
The Opolis in Norman
All Ages, $10 (add $2 if under 21)
The Non, Student Film, Mayola and Native Lights (Members of Unwed Sailor, Ester Drang & Callupsie, all excellent groups whose members are making something else which is also excellent)


Friday, May 21st, 8pm (doors @ 7)
Cain's Ballroom in Tulsa (did someone say "short road trip?")
The Besnard Lakes w/ Stardeath and White Dwarfs


Saturday, May 29th, 9pm
The Opolis in Norman
All Ages $7 (add $2 if under 21)
Samantha Crain CD Release Show!!! w/ Student Film, Zeb Dewar & the Fed and Brine Webb
(Deftones are playing the same night at the Diamond though...)


Thursday, June 17th, 6pm Doors
Diamond Ballroom in OKC
Cost is irrelevant
mewithoutYou, David Bazan and Rubik


Monday, June 21st, 6:30 Doors
The Conservatory in OKC
Cost ?
Lovedrug w/ All the Day Holiday and 2 local bands (one of which may be mine if I play my cards right)


And, for good(?) measure


Wednesday, June 21st, 8pm Doors
The Conservatory in OKC
Anal Cunt (apparently, Seth Putnam hasn't killed off all of his brain cells yet)


There you go. See you at the show(s)!

No comments:

Post a Comment