Thursday, July 1, 2010

Updates Updates Updates!

Well, well, well. Looks like Mr. Steve Schiltz has been busy readying a new Hurricane Bells EP and that EP is going to be called "Down Comes the Rain." It's going to feature two new original tracks and three covers. The list goes something like this:


1. Make a Deal with the City (East River Pipe cover)
2. The Waiting Song
3. Into the Ocean (Blue October cover)
4. The Deep End
5. Will You Love Me Tomorrow? (Gerry Goffin & Carole King)


Now, he's been playing "Will You Love Me Tomorrow" on tour and I love it. Here's a little taste.

How's that for wonderful? Pretty stellar if you ask me. Now, I'm not going to bother embedding the original version of "Into the Ocean" because... well, it's Blue October and I promised when I started this page that I would try to steer clear of ranting about stuff I didn't like (but here's an external link if for some reason you're interested). I'll be very interested to hear how Steve makes this one bearable, although, I will admit the erhu in the original version is pretty bitchin'.  Anyway, what I wanted to do was get you all familiar-like with the original version of "Make a Deal with the City," because it's a pretty good song to begin with.


East River Pipe - Make a Deal with the City

Discover Simple, Private Sharing at Drop.io

"Down Comes the Rain" is scheduled for a September 7th release date. Mark your calendars.


Now, Hurricane Bells news isn't the only update I have for you here. Turns out The Rosen Association just made their EP available on iTunes and Amazon, so if you're really just not that into CD Baby, you officially have no excuse for not getting this on the down load (you see what I did there?).


Thanks for reading. Always feel free to interact either here or on facebook. Chances are that if you like something you hear, I can tell you where to find more. Stay tuned for more goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment