Sunday, June 6, 2010

Roses, poetry and prose

So far, I've made a point to highlight artists who may not be very well known. Well, today I've decided on a short post about an artist with whom you should already be very familiar. Most of you are probably familiar with Tom Waits' more recent, experimental work. However, most in my generation probably aren't aware that he recorded music before his chain smoking caught up with his voice. Songs from his first album "Closing Time," which is probably his most ballad-heavy record, have been covered by The Eagles, Tim Buckley, Screamin' Jay Hawkins and even Meat Loaf. I wanted to share this particular song with everybody because it's one of my favorite songs of all time.


Tom Waits - Martha

Discover Simple, Private Sharing at Drop.io

I promise I'm formulating a more substantive post soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment